When I got a comment on one of my posts saying I had been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award, my first thought was an excited “YAAAY! Someone likes me!” My second thought was, “What the hell is a Liebster Blog Award?” So I Googled it. Because that’s basically the only way anybody ever figures anything out anymore isn’t it? Poor Yahoo. Anyway… The Liebster Blog Award is an honor bestowed from one blogger to another to recognize their writing and give them a shout-out, so to speak. It must go to an “up-and-coming” blog, with fewer than 200 followers. Well, how-dee-doo, I qualify by like 185. Ha! (Laughing at myself.) Anyway, I am honored to accept, respond, and humbly pass the torch.
But there are rules…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link them.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post.
- Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
- No tag backs.
Thanks a million to:
The Mommy Crash Course for nominating me… her blog is well written, interesting, and sincere. Here’s how she describes it: “I envision the Crash Course to be an exploration into what it means for a very independent, and oftentimes sarcastic, 29 year-old-woman to suddenly become the mother of a tiny human being.” Sound familiar?? Yeah, she’s cool.
Eleven Random Facts:
- Right now, I am eating blueberries that I picked myself. Like, by the handful. I can’t stop myself.
- I love to cook for my family– The money that some women spend on shoes and purses, I could blow on produce, beautiful cuts of meat, and gourmet cheeses.
- I have 4 adopted pets- 3 dogs (Gypsy, Bagwell, & Piper) and a fat yellow cat (Flapjack).
- My son has my nose and his daddy’s eyes. He’s beautiful.
- I think being vegan (for any other reason than intolerance/allergy) is stupid. There are starving people all over the world, and you want attention. Shut up and eat.
- I might have a Facebook & Pinterest addiction. I’m not sorry.
- I wish I could work from home and set my own hours… summer break is such a TEASE for teachers!
- I have a weakness for huge fountain Coke with pellet ice. (We always called it rabbit turd ice when I was a kid. Crude right?)
- I never chew gum. Ever.
- When my two-year old wont nap, I am just as cranky as he is by dinner. True story.
- I judge a book by it’s cover often… I’m usually right.
The Eleven Questions I need to Answer:
- When was the last time you sat down and at an entire meal without getting up halfway through? Err, let’s see, Zac’s two now… so, about two years? Unless we pay a sitter and go out!
- Did you know the gender of your child(ren) going into delivery? Yes, we already had a name picked out.
- What do you do on your “time off” from mommying? Recently my friends and I have started a Girls-Night-In where we take turns each Wednesday evening hosting and all bring a bottle of wine and an appetizer. This is my new favorite thing with my old favorite people.
- If you could redesign one room in your home, which one would it be? MY KITCHEN. That’s where I spend a lot of my time. And it really wasn’t designed for a mommy who cooks!
- Are you invested (or interested, even) in your child’s education? Absolutely. At age two, he has more growth accounts than I did coming out of college… I am adamant that he chooses the right school for him–not the most popular or most prestigious college, but the one where he feels at home.
- Does your parenting style resemble your own mother’s? No, not really.
- If I brought you to Taco Bell, would you order something? Oh yes. A Mexican pizza with no beef. And a chicken taco supreme. Large coke.
- Do you think there are some things that Mommy just understands a little better than Daddy? HAHAHAHA ya think?
- Where is the oddest place you have left your child sleeping? On top of me.
- How many photos do you think you’ve taken of your children? Hundreds. Not counting portraits or professional shots.
- What is the last book you read? We’re just Like you, Only Prettier: Confessions of a tarnished Southern Belle
Some other Liebster Worthy Blogs:
Because Mama Said So … everything I have read on this blog is honest and beautiful. I think that’s how life should be.
Wonderful Mess …adoration for her children and God shine through every post in this cute mommy blog.
A Dose of my Reality …lots of fun stories about this crazy gal and her silly kids…. and her patient husband.
The Real Young Housewife of Southern Va! …a lovely, stylish, hardworking chick who is doing it right.
MommyHuh …I don’t know if this blog qualifies under the 200 or fewer followers rule, but I’m including it because it is one of my favorites. I am fascinated by our similarities and vast differences simultaneously, nearly every time I read a post!
Living La Vida Mommy …clever blog. Neat design. And she is doing a lot of reviews and giveaways… I want to learn how to do this, so this blog is now on my radar to read more often.
Carriage Before Marriage …I have followed this blog for a while, but have recently read it more regularly. And I absolutely LOVED the anti-bucketlist. Check her out!
I hope the Liebster Blog Authorities don’t revoke my Liebsterism for not sharing 11 Up-and-Coming blogs… the truth his, there are so many amazing blogs out there, and I wish I had more time to explore them all. But many of the ones that I enjoy visiting have been at this bloggy thing far longer than I, and have way upwards of 200 followers. Not so much up-and-coming as already done up-and-came. So I have shared only seven. Do forgive me.
Eleven Questions to be answered by those who choose to accept the award:
1. What words are you eating as a parent?
2. When/Where was your last family vacation?
3. Do you collect anything?
4. What’s your favorite show on Disney?
5. Who do you turn to for parenting advice?
6. What is the one thing you can cook and nail it every time?
7. What’s your worst habit?
8. If you could switch places with anyone for a day, would you? Whom?
9. Do you get the newspaper? Do you read it?
10. Does your child/children have a nickname?
11. What are your top 3 all-time favorite movies?