1. At the end of the day, my whole body aches. Tending to 35 pounds of precious, clinging, climbing NEED will take it out of you.
2. Parks are surprisingly crowded during business hours. I didn’t know my small town had so many teachers and other mommys fortunate enough to be stay-at-homers…and the mommys are getting younger and younger.
3. My son’s voice, as he is learning new words and how to speak more and more every day, is the sweetest, cutest, most endearing sound in the world. It really is. That being said–By 7pm, if I hear the word “mommy” one more time, I’m changing my name to something he can’t pronounce until he’s big enough to reach everything he wants on his own.
4. Goldfish, raisins, and Gogurt™ count as lunch sometimes.
5. There are STILL not enough hours in a day! And clothes still don’t fold themselves. Damnit.
6. I miss peeing alone. At least at work, although I had to hover, I was by myself in this endeavor.
7. Coffee tastes better at 6:30 am. Guess I’ll drink coffee again come September. Because I don’t intend to see that hour until then!
8. Everybody else (who’s not a teacher) still has normal work hours. Why did I think everyone else’s schedule was going to be suddenly, magically wide open like mine? Hmph.
9. My budget is no freer… even reducing (or some weeks eliminating!) childcare costs. This puzzles me.
10. My dogs bark a lot.