Rainy days in college meant staying in bed till noon, Chinese delivery, and movies. Ten years later, now mommy to a very busy 20 month old boy, a rainy day entails a level of patience even God didn’t know was possible…Well, until he became a parent.
Here are “The top 10 things overheard in my house on a rainy Saturday…”
1. Zac, don’t lick the dog! Please.
2. Zac! Crayons don’t belong in your nose! …Or your ear.
3. Uggghh, a magic eraser ought to take care of that.
4. Mmmkay, let’s put your clothes back on.
5. Honey, bring me a comb. Zac’s got noodles in his hair. Again.
6. Yay. Elmo….Again.
7. NOOO! UH UHHH! MIIINE! (typically regarding an item that isn’t)
8. Zac, we don’t color the kitty kitty.
9. Buddy, we don’t eat things we find.
10. Zac, aren’t you ready for a nap, baby?